Tuesday, May 12, 2009

dilemma

Hmm….it’s pretty sad that I have to start my first blog with such a sad story told by the sad me. yeahh..I’m kinda gloomy rite now (sigh) huh…it’s because I’m thinking of a friend of mine. I really don’t know the relationship between us anymore.


You see, she was a close friend of mine. We once went to the same college and even shared the same room. So the bond between us was quite tough. If you know me close enough, I’m pretty damn sure the name has crossed or is crossing your mind now.

Type of bonds (sounds like chemistry.hahaha):

1. Soul mate (in which I haven’t found one yet but looking forward to it^^)
2. Best friend (still searching..but I can feel it approaching.haha)
3. Very close friends (got some and she belongs in this group)
4. Close friends (yeahh..kinda plenty)
5. Friends (a myriad..haha)
6. Acquaintances (eventually I’ll forget bout them)


Anyways…back to the story. I’ve quitted the college 2 months ago ‘cuz I wanna pursue medicine. if you’re wondering why I went to the college in the first place, it was because the course I took there was my second choice and I wasn’t so sure that I could get a pretty damn well result for SPM. I got 11A’s.woohoo! (yep I’m bragging…so what, everybody does that in life.lol.)

However, she stayed there because she wanted to study there. I was feeling very very heartbreaking that I had to be apart from her after living together for three months. I cared for her deeply and she felt the same way too so we’ve decided not to let the distance steals our closeness.

We called each other almost everyday after I left the college. At the beginning, everything seemed fine and we chatted like usual. But I dunno..somehow as time passed by, the time of each call lessened and we don’t share much. I mean usually I was able to giggle and made fun and talked for hours with her without noticing it. but…now even 20 mins felt long and I glanced at the clock so often...hoping one hour had already passed.

I’ve figured out that this would happen afterwards but then not so soon. It makes me depressed.
Eventually we have to go on our separate ways.

I loved her and I valued her.
As a person who lives together with me.
As a girl who giggles with me when a hot guy passed by.
As a human who was at my side when I was feeling down.
and lastly…
As a friend who shared secrets with me.
(hope I’m not being too sentimental..heh)

Anyways…I wanna ask you guys what I can do to maintain the relationship. And if do you think it can last until we’ve grown white hairs.

And the girl that I’m talking bout...if you’re reading this pls give me your honest answers too:D
but if this doesn't make any sense to you maybe i was just being oversensitive.

8 comments:

  1. Awww. Honestly, I think that friendships are just as complicated as normal (couple2) relationships.

    Especially long distance ones. Yes it is difficult since you guys don't live in the same environment anymore. Conversation topics become limited too.

    But this shouldn't be a problem. Simple questions like "What have you been doing?" can lead to a lengthy decription by the other party. To keep in touch doesn't mean one has to know every tiny detail of the other party's life. Just to know enough will do :)

    And as for you thinking you're being 'over sensitive'. Now that's just nonsense. It only means that you care for your friend deeply and would like to preserve the bond you have with your friend till the end of time. And THAT is one of life's treasures that not many have found.

    So, keep holding on. A simple 'Good night' every now and then is a small reminder that you care for your friend. Calls doesn't have to be a daily thing :)

    And it should be okay since you friendship with this person you talk of seem like the kind in which you guys can lounge around in each other's room and stay silent without being awkward. To be at ease to that extent means that you guys should still think that your friendship is still intact eventhough you don't get to talk daily anymore.

    :D Btw, I'm pretty experienced with this whole long distance friendship thing too. The key pount is to keep in touch! Haha :)


    P.S: Guess who? hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'She 'was' a close friend of mine?' Am i not your close friend anymore? ahah.

    Well. Yea, I know we're getting slow down a little bit. But it doesn't mean that the bond between us is breaking apart. I know exactly how you feel and I certainly feel the same way too.

    Maybe I was just too busy with the college stuff that I had no time for you and that you think we're not close anymore like we used to.

    But hey, we still keep in touch even though we do not talk on phones or text every day right? We still care for each other right? That's what important.

    Even though we're not roomates anymore, I'm still the girl who would giggle with you when a hot guy passed by. I'm still the human who would always be at your side when you feel down. And I'm still the friend who would share secrets with you.

    We both know that I had once lost my childhood best friend and you too, had lost your best friend. I cannot afford to lose you now.

    The thing now is we need to have faith in one another and understand each other. As long as we do this, I am more than positive we can maintain our relationship till forever and even make it better. Oh yea, we definitely have to keep in touch too.

    I just want to say that I really miss spending all of those precious moments I've had with you.

    Hope things will be better soon.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost cried after finish reading this. Lol. =]
    Because I know how you feel, I know how it's like to lose a friend. But c'mon. Distance doesn't affect any relationship at all (IMO of course.) If you still trust the other party and accept her as your 'best' friend, it shouldn't be a problem at all.
    You said: "the time of each call lessened and we don’t share much".
    If each call-time lessened, call her more frequent. If, usually, one call takes about an hour, call her six times a day with 10 minutes for each call. Total those calls up, you'll get an hour. A simple math to keep your friendship alive and kicking! Hope you & your best friend can always be best friends. Both of you make an awesome couple! heheh. =]

    f.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohh..thanks for your advices:D
    i talked with her on the phone yesterday and we kinda sort things out. and guess what..it lasted for hours!yeayy...!XD
    i kept on reading you guys' comments and it kinda helped me feel better about this.

    thnx again:DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. adeq..hoho..
    i know dat girl :)
    hoho
    papepown en, kte sume tetap adeqberadeq..kn!!
    owh btw, follow my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOUSE: The philosopher Jagger once said that you can't always get what you want.

    CUDDY: But apparently, if you try, you'll get what you need.

    Dayana, your life is still so bloody long. There ain't such things as best friend as you'll have more close friends in your future...they'll sometimes be so good and close to you that you don't know which one is the best.

    You think this particualr girl is your best friend because your social circle is still small. I'm not arguing over your thoughts on her, your friendship with her. I'm just saying that life ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

    That's from Rocky Balboa by the way..haha.

    My point, stay strong, this is just a small bump in the long winding road up ahead. You'll encounter new bumps and soon, this bump will be not so significant...

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw....thanx aiman.haha i guess house is your trademark now.;D
    thats very encouraging!!
    thanx again

    ReplyDelete
  8. hurm...kadang2 kan..kite kawan bile ade jasad kat depan kite..
    kite care biler ade jasad kat depan kite..
    kite kuarkan akata2 manis..bile ade jasad kat depan ktie..
    in ur case..it's a long dstnce frenship (long ker??hurm2)..and it's now become a maya frenship..(mnde aku mepek nieh?)

    nyway..ive been in the same situation..kite rase macam..aduh..saketnyer ati,,but dunno how to sttle rite??jus be tough adeq~

    ReplyDelete